Cut, Sew and Fit
May 6th, 2019
Category: WB Jamieson
Author: Darren Seymour
Aside from our Furniture and Flooring at WB Jamieson which we have become synonymous with, we are proud of our In-house Soft-furnishings studio and its range of capabilities.
Located within our converted steading showroom in the quaint town of Potterton just minutes from Aberdeen city centre, we have a small team of seamstresses who produce bespoke and tailored soft furnishings to exacting standards.
With years of experience working with all manner of textiles and crafting soft-furnishing items, we can ensure a high quality finish.
At WB Jamieson we have some of the finest textiles from many of the world's most highly renowned textile manufacturers. Everything from contemporary printed designs, to Traditional tweeds. You are sure to find something you will love.
It's always good to know what to expect, below is a brief step-by-step guide of how we go about delivering the results you expect.
Step by step
- Visit our soft furnishing designer; Wendy (email here), who will take you through our library of fabrics and create schemes that will enhance your home or working environment.
- We offer a full, free consultation service. Giving you the opportunity to make an informed choice on the finish for your space from a truly impressive collection of textiles and fabrics from leading manufacturers.
- If you are looking for curtains or blinds, Wendy will visit your property to measure up and discuss any particular details that need to be addressed at this point. If it is cushions or upholstery you require, we will make the necessary arrangements to make the job run as smoothly as possible.
- Once you have received your quote (which we price very competitively), and you are happy, we will order lengths of your chosen fabric and pass the order onto our seamstresses in our sewing studio.
- From here our seamstresses will construct your bespoke order. We have made everything from curtains and cushions to blinds and throws, even having upholstered tired and worn furniture to lend a new lease of life to an old favourite, or to tie in with a new colour scheme. If it involves fabric we can most likely make it. (We have even made embroidered theatre caps for the nurses of NHS Aberdeen for the Archie Foundation).
- Finally, we arrange with you, the perfect time for you to receive the goods (for things like cushions, throws or upholstered furniture) or install (curtains, blinds and pelmets) and to make sure you are completely satisfied with the finish.
When choosing fabric we will also ask you if you require Blackout backing for curtains or a Fire Retardant finish which we can then direct you to specific suitable products.
We have supplied soft-furnishings for a huge range of clients, both domestic and commercial. Our contracts with large house-builders have seen us provide and fit blinds for entire developments as well as highly bespoke options for individuals.
< Back to All News