What are the benefits of laying an Amtico floor
March 29th, 2019
Category: WB Jamieson
Author: Darren Seymour
What are the Benefits of Amtico tiles?
In our opinion and having worked with the product for many years, Amtico is one of the best flooring options available. For a flooring solution that combines the realistic, natural finish of wood, marble or stone with the durability and practicality of Vinyl, Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) are the ultimate option.
What is Amtico?
Amtico tiles are Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) that are constructed from several layers of high quality vinyl which in turn increases the durability and longevity of the tiles. Available in a vast number of colours and finishes from their three ranges: Spacia, Form, and Signature. Amtico tiles give realistic natural finishes and can be laid in a wide range of patterns like herringbone and parquet.
The environment and sustainability
The idea of vinyl may not immediately conjure up ideas of green or sustainable living however this could not be further from the truth. Derived from oil and salt the Poly Vinyl Chloride can be recycled and the manufacturing process is quite environmentally friendly.
What makes Amtico products unique is that throughout it's manufacture the effect on the environment is considered carefully. Amtico tiles are produced in a sustainable way with a focussed effort put into energy efficiency and extensive recycling.
Almost all material during production is recycled back into products with a water management system enabling a 20% reduction in water chemical usage. Amtico tiles use non-toxic, easily recyclable PVC. Amtico utilise 100% recyclable packaging which itself is composed of 60% recycled material. Amtico has numerous accreditations such as ISO14001 and BREEAM, meaning Amtico can be bought in confidence as a green solution.
Some features unique to LVT
- Incredibly strong and durable - Able to withstand heavy foot traffic.
- Scratch resistance
- Highly water resistant - which means Amtico can be installed in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Spill and splash resistant.
- Can be used with underfloor heating - as the tiles are around 7mm thick so heat can pass through the tile easily.
- 25 year guarantee on Spacia and a 30 year guarantee on Form and a lifetime guarantee on Signature tiles.
- Green and sustainable in their approach to manufacture.
- Cost effective solution - Obtain the look and texture of natural materials such as marble and wood but without the intrinsic cost.
- Goes anywhere - LVT can be fitted to a wide range of sub-floor styles.
- Chemically resistant
- Reduced noise - LVT is a relatively quiet option when compared with the likes of laminate, this can be further improved with Amtico's Acoustic range of tiles with a high performance sound reduction backing.
- A huge range of colours, finishes, tiles sizes and laying patterns.
- Classic and contemporary designs.
- Finishing touches including motifs, and border options available for many tiles.
- Designed and Made in Britain
- Stripping - (grouting) is available in a wide variety of colours and finishes.
The ranges available:
What is the Amtico Spacia range?
The Spacia collection offers an effortless style at its core. The collection features a stunning array of Wood, Stone and Abstract flooring options. Available in a range of colours, shapes and laying patterns, including the relatively new parquet option which has the option of 'Tick' and 'Barnwood' emboss options which give varying degrees of texture depending on your requirement. The Amtico Spacia range offers simple, beautiful flooring at a lower price point with a 25 year warranty on all tiles.
What is the Amtico Form collection?
The Form range is a collection that emphasises and focuses on timeless designs that bring an authentic and distressed appearance with realistic grain texture for a realistic and classic look and feel. The collection can be further split into three textured options including artisan embossed wood; for a charming and authentic appearance of hand crafted grooves, Natural Wood Grain Emboss; With an embossed texture and raised grain effect which adds further depth to the appearance of the tile. Finally, the Contemporary ceramic finish which is sleek and stylish and looks incredibly striking with stripping for a refined finish. The Amtico Form collection features the same water, spill and splash resistance as Spacia as well as being easy to clean and suitable for underfloor heating. The Form collection however, provides peace of mind with a 30 year warranty.
What is the Amtico Signature collection?
The Signature collection offers the the greatest level of customisation and comes with a lifetime warranty. Using Signature, create a design for a unique space. Three options inform the possibilities to be had:
- Planks & Tiles - Take any laying pattern and experiment with different combinations of colour and product to create your signature floor.
- Designers Choice - A pre-designed collection of colour combinations curated by Amtico's in-house designers. Choose from 92 colour combinations across 12 laying patterns.
Décor - Designs from Amtico's archive, these intricate patterns are inspired by the Victorian era and bring drama and flair to both period and contemporary interiors.
How WB Jamieson can help.
With over thirty years of experience in flooring, at WB Jamieson we have extensive experience in laying Amtico tiles for both commercial and residential properties. We have an Amtico display at our Showroom in Potterton and a huge collection of samples and examples of laying patterns. Our staff are extremely knowledgeable on the product and are able to offer advise and assistance to help you make the right choice for your space and budget.
Contact us today for any further information or to get in touch for a quote.
We also have free catalogues and samples available to help you make your choice at our showroom.
< Back to All News