At WB Jamieson, we provide interior design solutions to both domestic and commercial clients and are now looking for a new addition to the team in the form of a Soft Furnishings Designer. This is a full-time position.
You’ll need a passion for soft furnishings and a track record demonstrating excellent design and sales capabilities. You’ll also have experience of coordinating the manufacture and installation of soft furnishings and will be committed to providing excellent customer service. You must be skilled at understanding and interpreting a customer’s needs to ensure you’re able to provide sound product guidance and a soft furnishing solution to suit their style and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers to advise on, design and produce soft furnishings to suit their needs, creating design/mood boards if required
- Prepare estimates for each piece of work and develop each project as client needs change, ensuring others are kept informed of changes, to ensure on-time completion
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish, supervising the production and installation of all soft furnishings
- Plan and co-ordinate projects in a timely manner, successfully prioritising and scheduling purchasing, deliveries, storage and installations effectively
- Take measurements, order stock, prepare specifications and layouts for projects
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors and source products, developing an exceptional product knowledge in soft furnishings and our suppliers’ ranges
- Previous experience in a soft furnishings production, manufacturing or retail environment is essential. The Design, The applicant must be able to create and design bespoke soft furnishings such as cushions, blinds, pelmets etc.
- A good eye for detail - must be meticulous and precise, with a methodical approach and a desire for quality to achieve the very best end product for our clients
- Exceptional customer-care skills – previous experience in a customer services or customer-focussed role
- Must be highly organised and IT literate with excellent time-management skills – able to remain calm under pressure
This is a Full-time position, however, we welcome applications from candidates interested in working Part-time or on a flexible working basis. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licence and their own transport. To ensure our customers’ needs are met, the successful candidate may be required to work on Saturdays 9.00am – 1.00pm.
Email your CV and covering letter to: Darren@wbjamieson.com